- Presents a cogent and insightful argument, analysis or creative work.
- Offers compelling support for any argument or analysis.
- Develops the argument or analysis with organizational clarity and logical force.
- Demonstrates sophisticated exploration of the issue or issues.
- For blog posts: the theme or main idea of the blog post is clear, and links to related information. The content has accurate and very useful information.
- Writing displays maturity in sentence variety, grammar, spelling, and usage.
- Presents a clear, argument, analysis and/or demonstrate creativity.
- Uses effective examples and reasoning as support.
- Displays consistently strong overall organization, paragraph development, and logical transition.
- For blog posts: the content of the blog post has accurate and useful information. The theme or main idea is clear and related to the purpose or theme of the entry.
- Writing displays strength in sentence variety, grammar, spelling, and usage.
- Offers a competent if occasionally limited argument, analysis or creativity.
- Uses appropriate examples and reasoning to support the overall argument or analysis.
- Blog posts: the information is clear and correct. The theme or main idea of the post is more or less clear and related to the purpose or theme of the entry.
- Writing displays competence in sentence variety, grammar, spelling, and usage.
- Has limited argument or analysis.
- Has flaws in organization, paragraph development, or logical transition.
- Avoids of the issue or issues discussed in course and readings or addresses them in a manner that is neither serious nor thoughtful.
- Blog posts: information is incomplete or not correct. The post is without a clear purpose or central theme.
- Writing has serious flaws in syntax, grammar, usage, or spelling.
- Fails to adequately respond to the assigned readings, lectures or discussions.
- Relies on remarkably weak or inappropriate examples.
- Have little controlling organization or logical coherence.
- Blog posts: presents erroneous information. Post does not address issues of Chicana feminism.
- Has serious and extensive flaws in syntax, grammar, or usage which makes it difficult to read and understand.